It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:54 am
Change font size
SpaForums.Com Spa & Hot Tub Service, Repair and Help

4th and 40, Need Help and Don't know where to post.

Hot Springs Solana Moto Massage

Don't be shy! If you have no idea where to post your question, then put it here and we'll move it to the appropriate category for you. No registration is required to post questions and get answers about your spa or hot tub at SpaForums.Com.<br><br>There is no such thing as a dumb question here! (PS: If you really do post something rather crazy and regret it later, then send any moderater a private message and we'll be happy to delete your post).

Hot Springs Solana Moto Massage

Postby john387 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I have a 2005 Hot Springs Solana SX. The Moto Massage has stopped working> All hoses and tubes are good, and filter clean. Getting water flow out of the air line and absolutely no water flow out of the 3/4 inch port. All other jets work fine. Have just replaced the air control valve.
john387

Re: Hot Springs Solana Moto Massage

Postby john387 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:36 pm

All of the other jets are working fine. I have already pulled the hose assembly and there is nothing in the hose. Nothing coming out of the port where the hose screws in. If there is an obstruction it is back in the main line. Jets on both sides of the moto work. Do you know where I can get a plumbing diagram so I can see how the line runs before I start digging out foam ?
john387

Postby john387 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Looks like the obstruction is going to be a bad check valve going to the moto masage.
john387

Postby SteveSpa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:06 am

I have a similar problem with my recently purchase 2006 model Solana TX. Not knowing exactly what to expect, the moto massage functioned for a couple days and we assumed that it was functioning properly but remained at lower part of unit not moving to the top. After a couple days I moved jet unit manually with my finger up and down to see if there was anything blocking the travel. nothing blocking but after doing so the unit quit working entirely. All other jets are working properly. I assume I have some blockage as well or I loosened something my moving unit around. Do I gain access to unit by removing surround or by removing moto plate inside tub with screw driver?
SteveSpa

Postby Dan.the.spa.man » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:22 am

SteveSpa wrote:I have a similar problem with my recently purchase 2006 model Solana TX. Not knowing exactly what to expect, the moto massage functioned for a couple days and we assumed that it was functioning properly but remained at lower part of unit not moving to the top. After a couple days I moved jet unit manually with my finger up and down to see if there was anything blocking the travel. nothing blocking but after doing so the unit quit working entirely. All other jets are working properly. I assume I have some blockage as well or I loosened something my moving unit around. Do I gain access to unit by removing surround or by removing moto plate inside tub with screw driver?

You most likely just need to replace the moto-jet.

You gain access by prying out the three tabs on the front plate of the moto-massage itself. Then remove the screws behind them.

Pull the air hose off, then unscrew the whole moto-jet.
Dan.the.spa.man

Postby SteveSpa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks Dan for the quick reply. I'll see what I can do later today. Being new to this........"Newbie". Where would you suggest I order part from? Thanks, again. Steve
SteveSpa

Postby SteveSpa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 am

Also....Drain tub first I assume? Since I just got tub the boys want to try it out, any danger from using without this working until I get the part in ? Thanks again.
SteveSpa

Postby Dan.the.spa.man » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 am

You can do it with the tub full. It's just a little harder to screw in the new one.

No problem to use the tub now.
Dan.the.spa.man

Postby SteveSpa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks again Dan, Any supplier that you would suggest?
SteveSpa

Postby Dan.the.spa.man » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:16 am

Sent you a private message
Dan.the.spa.man

Return to 4th and 40, Need Help and Don't know where to post.