It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:56 pm
Change font size
SpaForums.Com Spa & Hot Tub Service, Repair and Help

We just refilled our spa/hot tub and...

Hot springs tub power light flashing

If your spa or hot tub has been working fine, you just drained and refilled it only to find out that the jets or heater won't work, or you're getting some strange reading on your display, this is where you call 'home'.

Hot springs tub power light flashing

Postby ringo42 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm

I have a hot springs tub. after sitting all winter we filled it and plgged it in and the power light just flashes. It has happen 3 or 4 times and we have called a repair guy to come out. But now my local hot springs shop closed down. ANy ideas what this could be? I'd love to fix it myself, especially since it happens every other spring or so.
Ringo
ringo42

Re: Hot springs tub power light flashing

Postby Dan.the.spa.man » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Chances are that the small circulation pump is either:

1. air-bound
2. needs a couple of taps with a screwdriver to start-up
3. is dead
Dan.the.spa.man

Postby steelgtr » Sun May 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi

Just brought home a 2000 Jetsetter, worked fine at sellers house. Hooked it up and I have the flashing red light *and* the pump/heater assy feels very warm to hot!

I just unplugged it for now. Tried tapping the circ pump w/ a rubber mallet, too.

forgot to add that I cleaned the filters but did not put back in the N2 cart; it looked cruddy.

edit: Let cool down and turned thermo to 80°, tapped on circ pump, ran for a while and moved a little water and then just runs, no flow. Air lock?

thx

bob
steelgtr

Postby steelgtr » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 am

Peteyboy wrote:Could be airlock or a bad pump. Remove the outlet hose from the pump for a couple seconds to see if air comes out and the pump runs.
Remove the filters to eliminate them as a cause.

Thanks Pete.

It seems to be working. It ran for quite a few hours and then was flashing again. I reset it and it has ran all night, is now at 97° (20hours later)

This is my first HS so I'm not sure but the flow seems really low in circ. mode. There is no visible action in the skimmer and only after removing the stand pipe did I feel some suction when putting my hand on the opening. Is that right? To go along with that thought, there is no venturi action at the Ozone tee. Water actually drips out w/ the pump running. I tried to gently clear with a paper clip but no difference.

Appreciate your thoughts!

bob
steelgtr

Return to We just refilled our spa/hot tub and...